1. Japanese scientist Yoshinori Ohsumi wins 2016 Nobel Medicine Prize.
2. Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan will be the second leader from the Gulf to be the chief guest at the Republic Day Parade.
1. The Badminton Association of India (BAI) has decided to boycott the Pakistan International Series scheduled to be held in Islamabad later this month as an act of “solidarity” with the government’s diplomatic offensive against Pakistan.
1. Reliance ties up with Dassault to execute Rafale offsets:
Dassault Aviation of France has entered into a partnership with Reliance group to execute offsets for the recently concluded deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets.
The joint venture called “Dassault Reliance Aerospace” was jointly announced by Dassault Aviation Chairman & CEO Eric Trappier and Reliance Group Chairman Anil Dhirubhai Ambani.
2. Prasar Bharati Corporation CEO Jawhar Sircar resigns four months ahead of the end of his tenure.
3. NGT website hacked as a revenge for surgical strikes:
The National Green Tribunal’s website came under cyber attack with an unidentified group hacking it and posting profanities, who claimed that it was an act of revenge against India’s surgical strikes across the Line of Control.