After the final notification from the consortium of National Law Universities for the CLAT 2021 admit card, there is immense mental pressure on applicants. The final countdown began for the exam, the candidates are looking for a reliable CLAT exam strategy so that they can excel in this examination.
Entrance exams like CLAT, CAT, JEE and UPSC are designed to test some general aptitude qualities of the students like comprehending and reading skills, reasoning and logical skills with a good grasp over current affairs. There is no sure way to pass these examinations but there are surely some strategies to be one step ahead of the fellow applicants.
If you are looking out for some last-minute revision tips to make your preparation more robust to crack CLAT, then you are at the right place.
Just like other competitive examinations, CLAT also has some basics to cover and strategies to follow. This examination is not about how quick you are with your problem solving but it is about how accurately quick you are with problem-solving. To revise all the Important topics of CLAT in less time, you need a different but targeted approach to excel in this examination.
Break the CLAT syllabus
To begin with, you must remember that to fight a war one should wear the armour in their mind first before the body. Similarly, you should also be ready to dedicate quality time in order to get good AIR.
The syllabus is divided into 5 different sections, details mentioned below –
1. English – Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar
2. Reasoning – Logical & Analytical
3. GK – Static as well as Current Affairs
4. Maths – Arithmetic, Basic Algebra & Geometry (Mainly Mensuration)
5. Legal Aptitude – Indian Polity, Law of Torts, Contracts, criminal & Misc Laws.
Track your preparation process, analyse and improvise if required
Applicants should keep a record of their progress. You are already short on time, if you do not keep your progress straight and focused. Then you will lose track. Break your syllabus into small portions and divide specific intervals of time for each one of them. Weak subjects will take more time to cover so adjust accordingly.
The CLAT exam paper comes with several types of questions that test you for different skills, like time management, critical thinking, reading, etc. You will have limited time to answer comprehension questions of various subjects and topics. Many students can’t crack the CLAT exam because they fail to manage their time efficiently during the exam. Some questions remain unanswered, which can’t be afforded in such a competitive examination.
To learn time management, you should practice mock tests, solve sample papers, and study according to the strategy created by you. Don’t compromise with your time before and during the exam.
Also read: Subject-wise Strategy to Crack CLAT Exam
Avoid New Topics at Last Minute
When you have only a few days left before the exam, you shouldn’t look out for studying new topics. It is the best time for revising what you have already learnt and remembered. Avoid adding new topics to your CLAT study material and focus on what you have already studied. It is because new things can create more burden on your mind and affect your performance.
Revision for the better result
‘Practise makes a man perfect’ This sentence is true in every sense. Practice is the key to enormous performance. Revise, Revise and Revise what you have read till now because the human brain has the capacity to remember for 4 to 5 days if read or saw once. So, if you don’t revise for adequate time then maybe you forget what you have studied in the examination hall.
To conclude, you must prepare with your full potential to perform effectively while preparing because it is the hardest part.
- Mug Up with the syllabus because it is the only thing of which you are sure about.
- Do not forget the importance of your hand-written notes as they will be your lifeguard for quick revision 2,3 days prior to the examination.
- The mock test will be your only evaluator. Always give CLAT mock tests in a simulated environment so that you won’t suffer in the examination hall with time shortage or anxiety.
- Again revision will be your perfect companion to get admission into your dream university.
- Don’t underestimate the current affair part of the syllabus as it will make or break your result.
- Work on your reading skills from the beginning.
- There is also a provision for negative marking so answer those questions in which you have full confidence.
This is a short plan for CLAT preparation in 15 days. It will work only if you are disciplined and self-motivated because preparation is the path which one will travel alone and success is the consequence that everyone shares.
Best of luck with your Examination.